Do you think that after the Election we can see how racist America really is?

I see so many comments about race more than ever lately... anyone else notice this?

I've never seen so many remarks, about whites, blacks, hispanics..chinese...etc, i my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think ppl are reading to much into this.. Racizm has been in our facez everyday.. They are just blowing it up cause your pres. isnt a lighter color..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Just because race is mentioned doesn't make it racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• YES YES YES, I think people are spilling out their inner bitter hatred and i honestly think its a good thing. Not just on CM, its on TV, In real life ETC. Its good to know how people feel instead of smiling in someone's face and they secretly "hate your guts".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Answered at 8:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 by:

* HottMamaRossx2

I think ppl are reading to much into this.. Racizm has been in our facez everyday.. They are just blowing it up cause your pres. isnt a lighter color..

---------------------------------------------
    Funny this... I didn't even vote for the guy..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Some people see racism where it doesn't exist.  Other people are oblivious to racism. *shrug*

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• White or black or any other race it doesn't matter someone will always disagree with something. I say as long as they can do their job and do it successfully then why does it matter if he is black, brown, green, purple or orange? Racism will always be around no matter how many times we fight about it. Some people read into a comment to much or they are guilty of being racist to find something racist in a comment. We all have the freedom to think and feel what we want about others and until that freedom is taken away and we are told what to think and how to feel then racism will be around. Being educated to each race and what they stand for can help end it but I don't see everyone taking the time to learn about everyone else's culture.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's just as racist to vote for someone because of his color as it is to not vote for him because of it. The only reason Obama is in office is because the majority of black people in our country voted for him soley for his skin color. Many who had never found it important enough to get out and vote before this election voted for the first time looking only to "make history" and vote for someone who has color.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I haven't noticed any difference where I live, people are the same before we had a president who is part african american/part white.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree with anon 9:17. And, in the area I live, once he was elected, the AA's seemed to think it gives them a free pass to treat white people like crap! They literally look down on us, and most say, well, now that we have Obama as "president",we are in charge,and we can do what we want. It's true, I have actually heard many say those exact words. How pathetic is that? To use that as the only excuse to put a man into office who is clearly in over his head, has no clue what he's doing,and is more interested in becoming a "rock star",than leading this country. He's leading us alright, right into the depths of hell at record speed. Is is Jan.20,2013 yet? Can't come soon enough for me,then we can get rid of him once and for all! If we survive till then,and that's questionable in itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think some have a motive to take anyone who disagrees with Obama's policies and twist it into racism. Imo, It shows how scared they are about the "right" potential to strengthen and grow based on people wanting a less government controlled America.
    myame

Answer by myame at 10:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009