Do you bathe or kid?

If so or not? Are they showers or baths?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son starting taking showers alone at 5 1/2....we look after him to make sure he's getting really clean. No more baths for him...he thinks it's for babies.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• No who bathes their kids now days? That is totally unheard of. She is 7 months and we give her baths almost nightly and she takes showers as well if we are in a hurry she gets in with me then her daddy gets her dressed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We mostly do baths. But when our first son was 2-3 he mostly took showers. And if we are in a hurry we put our youngest in the shower with us and get him in and out quickly. We like to change it up! hehe
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My kids started taking baths by themselves at about 6. BUT, I had to go and reteach bathing. It doesn't come naturally. They need to be taught how to wash and in what order.(Shampoo before conditioner) and that they need to was EVERY time they bathe. Kids really do think, well the water makes me clean. LOL
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• baths but my boys are 3 and 9 months.... i will stop bathing them at 5... just checking to make sure they are clean and no more soap in hair.... after that its up th them to decide if they want ashower or bath...... and after 7 i wont go in the bathroom when they are bathing.. if they get out and are still dirty its back in

2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son is 7 and I still bathe him. I have to because he wont wash his hair and he thinks that laying in the water is the same thing as bathing. Not quite son, but you're close. So I have to bathe him.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My 8 and 7 yo boys take both baths and showers but I usually stand in there with them, for showers especially. I help them put the shampoo on their heads and make sure they dry themselves properly when they get out. That is about it. My 15 mo. twins I obviously still have to bathe them every day, but they take tubbies too.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my kids have done it themselves since they were 5. But MANY TIMES they have had to get back in the tub and do it again. They aren't going to learn with me doing it for them only by doing it themmselves until they get it right.

My 15 yr old has ADD and a couple times a month he forgets shampoo or uses conditioner instead of shampoo and has to shower a 2nd and 3rd time. I moved the conditioner out of his shower. but his little brother has been using his shower and has his 'kids foamy shampoo'. Last time my 15 yr forget shampoo, then used the froggy-foaming shampoo on his second shower- which does nothing for his oily-teen scalp.
    they all take showers now (they are 12,14,15) The older two have been taking showers since they were about 8 or 9. The youngest just started b/c the tub doesn't drain well & the other bathrooms have showers. (not tubs)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Around 5 was when my son started taking showers and washing himself. Now my daughter is that age and she does it all herself, except washing her hair. I have to help her rinse the shampoo and then the conditioner since her hair is long and hard to get all of the "product" out of. I give my youngest son a bath- he's 3. He's starting to wash himself, but needs a lot of help lol. Especially right now as he is in recovery from eye surgery and has stitches IN both eyes and can't get them wet.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Wow, Really? I was bathing by myself at 3.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009