I have strange thought's or images for as long as I can remember.

When I'm driving along certain roads I have images of going over the edge. When I drive to the end of a road where there's a drop off I think of the brakes not working and going over. Or when I'm driving along the escarpment I have thought's of someone hitting my car and sending it over the side of the road or slipping on a slippery corner and going over. When we lived in an apartment I would have panic attacks about DH holing my son on the balcony, tripping and DS going over the railing. When I'm in a situation that could have something happen I for some reason see it happening to me and my family. This dosen't happen all of the time but very often. I'm not consumed by it but will take precautions. Does anyone else ever have these thought's/images?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I live beside the beach and we have to go under the water to get out of town and I constantly think about the tunnel collapsing or the bridge falling in. I have held my daughter on a railing before and have a vision of her falling off of it. You mind does things for a reason and your aware of what could happen at any time. Just don't let it consume you. I am with you as we are around the water all the time and we live near the Navy Air Station and the planes fly really low so I can envision the crashing into us or our house. I have the visions of a bomb being walked down the beach and blowing up the whole post.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I believe that most of us do. I have images of getting into crashes while I am driving, etc. I think this is a protection mode in my brain, and it helps me to drive more safely. I not only have images, but full blown movies. Once, a movie of my daughter at age 3 kept playing in miy mind while I was at work, and I kept mentally yelling,"NO" and stopping it. When I got home I found out that the details in the "movie" I had viewed in my mind were completely accurate, and that at the point where I stopped it, the accident did not occur as severely, even though it DID occur.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• OMG I thought I was the only one who did this! When we are in the car I always picture us getting in an accident or someone smashing into me at an intersection. When I was younger, I used to picture myself getting cut in the most horrible manner possible. Or I'll picture someone breaking into my house when I'm sitting in the living room and killing me. WTH is that about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try to pray in the morning Number 6:24-27
    This puts your family in God's hands a reminder to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Happens to me too. I think our bridge will collapse. I think mostly everyone does. Some of us are just more consumed with worry than others. We had to move from a duplex that I loved because I always thought I would go off the cliff backing out of my driveway. I would litterly freak if my husband way backing out and I wasn't in control of the situation. I would start hopping in my seat. Couldn't take it anymore. Now I live on flat ground. Whew!!!!!!
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2009