is there a reason why my almost 11 week old dd is fighting to take the bottle everytime she needs to eat or wants to eat?

cindyodopson

Asked by cindyodopson at 10:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you switched nipples or bottles or formula? Are you feeding her in a different position? Try getting her a medium flow nipple as she might be frustrated if its still slow flow. The multi flow nipples are good for older kids once they learn the harder the suck the more that comes out. Is she teething? She may think its causing pain in her mouth. Have you checked for sores or to see if her throat is read to indicate a sore throat? How much is she eating during the day? She only needs 24 oz at the most. I have to tuck my daughters one arm under me and hold her like she is breatfed to get her to take her bottle and have done it since she was about 7 weeks and she is 7 months. Try a new position with her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try giving her one of those silicone tipped sippy cups, they have a few differant ones.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• maybe the nipple is too big for her mouth and it may be choking her or gagging her?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Maybe she needs a faster flow now. If she was taking it before with no trouble, I'd say try a faster flow.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My baby doesn´t like silicon nipples, he just drinks out of the latex ones I thing because they are softer?? Weird baby..
    Iansmommy004

Answer by Iansmommy004 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2009