How did your 3 year old adjust to a newborn?

When my baby #2 arrives, my son will be 3 years old. I am very nervous about his because he is such a Mommy's boy.

TiffaniR

Asked by TiffaniR at 10:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hi, when my #2 was born my 1st was 21/2 but very mature girl. She was so excited to be a "Big Sister" we got her ready for the baby early on telling her how important she was going to be, and how lucky she was to be getting a baby brother or sister. We also bought her the Dora big sister video and she liked it a lot.
    Then I had #3 and my oldest is still the big sister, and #2 is 3 now, and it was a pretty good adjustment. (but that's a whole different story)
    You just need to make your child feel that this is all for him, and that you will need him to be the "big brother"" and how proud you are of him.
    mommyk5

Answer by mommyk5 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009