Does your man act like a kid?

Just curious I mean can they do things on their own, or are you expected to do it??

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes he is actually worse than my kids, at least my kids clean up their own mess with out being reminded. and my DH is losing stuff and expects me to track it down its funny and annoying all at the same time
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• To answer your question, YES ALL MEN ARE JUST A KID IN A GROWN BODY.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• To some extent he does things for himself but he has his bad days where he asks me to do for him and I'm like "Do it yourself!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I seriously don't know what DH would do without me! lol He acts like a child, has to be told what to do a lot of the time. I love him and he is a great provider and has moved up so much at work. But at home he's an immature, obnoxious child. Hard to tell the difference when him and my 4 yo DS are arguing.
    When things need to be done, things he needs and is completely capable of doing, I'm expected. I was heading out the other night and he was fine with that until he realized that he would be responsible for cooking and feeding and putting to bed out 3 kids. What a baby, I started dinner and he had to finish it. The kids were still up when I got home about 7:30, he haden't even started the bed time routine. ARGH!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• get therapy or a book for him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes. They are all like this. We just had this same argument last night when I cam home. The only things that he had done were put the LO to bed and loaded the dishwaswer (I asked him to do that 4 days before). All the other things I needed done were still not done. The best advice I got was from one of my neighbors and that is "realize that you will have to do everything even though you both are equally qualified to do it and the faster you realize it the better off you will be". I don't agree with it but it has helped my stress level.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No, they are not all like that. Mine isn't.Mine sometimes cleans,cooks and even does laundry.
    LND

Answer by LND at 11:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Men are not as dumb as they make us think they are. They all have us trained. They watched their dad claim to not know where socks were, the milk was, peanut butter, underwear, keys, phone numbers, etc. We watched our moms direct, recall, find, and/or provide all the above and more. Our men have trained us to be the same way. They stand with the refridgerator door opened peering in and say, "Where's the mayo?", and we get up, walk over, move the milk so they can "find" it. It is absolute genius on their part. There has to be something Freudian about the whole thing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• He acts like a kid but he can do his own laundry etc. I naturally do it while I am doing the rest but he lived on his own so he is not helpless. Now as for behaving like he is in the 5th grade oh yeah he does that!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• great advise coala!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2009