Do you buy your childs birthday cake or do you make it?

I make beautiful cakes

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My sister in law makes them. She is really good at it and has done it for years. They look professional! Probably because she has done it professionally for years.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I make fun cakes. My twins' first birthday I made an Ark.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I make them. I do cake decorating, so I love to do my own. I'd love to see some pics of yours!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I will be making her first birthday cake, but I have made many others before.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i make 'em. its fun! :)
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have bought them up until now....i am sick and tired of paying good money for cake and it looking like shit when i pick it up
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i have bought my sons first and second cakes. i used a place called the bakery. the decorator does a really nice job. his first cake was a pooh bear cake and the second birthday cake ( he had two) the first was a monster jam cake which he loved and the second was a cars cake. his third i made it with a thomas the train shaped cake pan and then i just filled in the icing with what colors i wanted. you don't have to be a perfect decorator to do it. find some images online. you can google images of what theme cake you want to do and copy it. you can buy the icing bags and use food coloring to match the colors you want good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I make cakes. They may not look so beautiful, but they taste yummy! I don't have a steady enough of a hand to decorate well.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• make them.. except my step daughters, but she only likes cookie cakes or icecream cakes she dosent like regular cakes.. and i havent gotten it down to make a icecream or cookie cake yet!!!

i also make cakes for my friends and sil's
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I give them the choice, to have a store cake or a homemade cake... My 12 yr olds b-day is in August and he wants to help me make his. For Hubby we all make it together, I don't claim to make the most beautiful cakes but it's fun to do with our boys...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2009