if you had cervical cancer...

are you more likely to get it again? after 6 years clean I just got an irregular PAP and thats how it was found before, what are the chances it could come back?

kflwrgrl

Asked by kflwrgrl at 10:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• Any cancer can recur... that is why they do more frequent checks on people who have had cervical cancer in the past. My cousin had aggressive cervical cancer (multiple surgeries and over a year of treatment to reach the point where it stopped returning) and she had to go for screens more than the average person because of the possibility of recurrence. However sometimes a scare is just a scare- last year one of my cousin's screenings came back abnormal and she went for further testing and was clean. HTH a bit and hope it turns out to be nothing!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Any cancer can come back. My friends aunt had breast cancer 10 years ago and it came back again a few months ago.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009