is it to soon

when can a baby eat eggs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Pedi told me that I could give Kaylee the yolk of the egg whenever she was ready for table foods, but to stay away from the whites for now because that is the part that can trigger allergies. (This was when she was 8 months old)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was told that scrambled eggs were okay when they are ready for table foods.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It depends on to whom you speak. Talk to your pediatrician about it. Has the baby had reactions to any other foods? Are there any food allergies (especially to eggs) in the family at all? There are other factors than just her age to consider.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Scrambled egg yolks are okay when they start solids, but you should hold off on egg whites until the baby is one. Thats what our Pediatrician told us.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Egg whites are one of the allergy trigger foods that should not be introduced until after baby turns 1. Other foods (this is not a complete list) are dairy, strawberries, citrus, soy, wheat.
    Egg yolk have lots of good fats for babies brain; when my daughter was a baby she had an egg yolk from a hard boiled egg mashed with hummus every day; after her first birthday we added the egg white. Avocado is also a great source of good fats and an excellent food for babies.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well according to MY baby book (I'm 27 years old), we were given eggs around 4 months :)

I never thought to give him scrambled eggs. My son is almost 11 months old and sounds like something I should possibly try tomorrow morning. Thank goodness I just bought that 18-pack of eggs a few days ago!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009