im worried 2 weeks ago m babys heart beat was 170 then yesterday it was 150 is that normal?

missashoo

Asked by missashoo at 11:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep. My daughter's heart beat was 170 and then was 140's. It's normal, the later in the pregnancy heart beats can slow down, etc. I wouldn't stress about it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yeah the same happend to me, weds. Her heartbeat is usually around 160, but the dr said this time it was around 140. I made me a little nervous but he said she is prob. sleeping.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• At around 17-20 weeks, the central nervouse system is complete enough that the brain can take over the regulation of the heartbeat. Before, your baby's heart was just beating, creating it's own rythm. Now the brain is controlling and regulating it. You've just found a major milestone in your baby's development! Congrats!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If you were worried, why didn't you ask your doctor while you were in there? Don't you think if the heartbeat was off he/she would tell you something wasn't right?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my babys has gone up and down from 130 to 160 unless it falls below 120 and you have to think sometimes yur baby will be asleep then more active so her/his heartrate is bound to fluctuate just like yours does
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009