does anyone here know if the symptons of peri-menapause are the same as being pregnant?

boop649

Asked by boop649 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not really sure, did you try google? I would think there would be specific things to look for in peri that is not a pregnancy symptom. Now, if you are referring to missed periods, yes, sometimes your period does become abnormal in peri. If in doubt, you can always ask your Dr. to do a blood test to determine if you are actually at the peri stage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think it can be easy to confuse the two because a lot of the symptoms can be the same, and just like pregnancy the specific symptoms can be different for each woman. Anon is right though, your doctor can run a blood test; I think the results for peri-menopause might be somewhat subjective if you are just starting, but the tests for pregnancy are pretty definitive.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009