Pains (TMI)

well I just had to go to the bathroom and It was really hard to go #2. I had such a hard time I thought I was giving birth almost. It was just little pebbles but I had a really tough time . Afterward my belly started hurting really bad. Possible Braxton Hicks and my vagina is swollen! I am 1 cm dilated already and Im 21 weeks. Should this be a concern (not the dilating part)? I take iron pills but its never been this bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Constipation is definitely a common thing in pregnancy. Just make sure you drink lots of water and ask your doctor if he can give you some stool softeners.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Drink more water. Water will help ease the stress and tension of #2. Constipation is so common during pregnancy. Braxton hicks come and go during pregnancy. Take it easy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I regularly took fiber pills when I was pregnant. I also had BH contractions from about 1/2 through my pregnancy on.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i would call your doc/the nurses at your doc office and ask what they recommend. they shouldnt ask you to come in or anything but just so you have a professional's opinion. good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I actaully had this same thing happen about a month before my due date. The pain was horrible, almost like birth without the anthesia - my doctor told me I was having rectual spasms and after a couple of hours they would settle down and they did but not before I went #2, very painful and then everything settled down. Maybe you could try a "sits bath", with just your tush in the warm water - next comes the hemoroids...aaah, why does it have to be so tough, isn't the birth enough:))
    IdreamofJeannie

Answer by IdreamofJeannie at 12:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009