A sexual predator in my home

So I had my new brother in law come inside my home and hold my daughter. After he left I found out that he was charged with rape of a 17 almost 18 year old years back. He has been known to say it was a cry rape thing because the girls parents found out and she didn't want to get in trouble. Now hes married and has 3 boys he cannot see even though he did nothing to them. Could he get in trouble for holding my little girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• It would depend what the conditions of his probation are. Is he not allowed around children? It sounds like if he isn't around his kids then that means he can't be around kids. From what you're saying it sounds like he could get in trouble for holding your baby.

lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• So, was it statutory rape? Where he was older than his girlfriend or forced rape? There is a BIG difference. He may not be a sexual predator. I would ask about the details.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• But I do know he cant go trick or treating
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• They marked him as a sexual predator.
    Anonymous

• He's not prevented from seeing his boys just because he has an old rape charge against someone who was nearly an adult, there's more to it than that. Tons of convicted rapists do not have their children taken away, so there is something else going on. If he sexually molested a child, he may be under court conditions not to be around children, but if his children were removed for some other reason than legally there is nothing wrong with him being around your daughter. If I were you, I'd do some more digging to find out why he can't be around his own children before I let him around mine.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well, even boys that have sex with their younger girlfriends are marked as a sexual predator if charges are pressed by the parents and the boy is found guilty.

It is a messed up system. He could be on the list bc of the parents, not because it was an act of a sexual predator. You need to ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The only way you're prevented from things like trick or treating, and not being able to live near a school or playground is if you are convicted of a first degree sexual assualt. The only way you can be convicted of a first degree sexual assault is if your victim is under the age of 13. So, I'm sure that you are not getting the entire truth about this man and I hope you keep your guard up.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i would say yes, he can. but it would definitely depend on the probation conditions. good luck to you guys =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• btw just because HE can get into trouble DOES NOT mean you can. you didnt know. its not your fault. he KNOWS what he can and can not do while on probation, if hes on it at all. if he violated that, its on him, NOT you. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Does your husband trust his brother? It's his child too, what does he think about the situation?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009