What do you eat for breakfast if you're doing a low-carb/low-sugar diet?

I'm getting sick of scrambled eggs! I'm a working mom with two toddlers and one big kid, so I really do need fast and easy to avoid being late to work any more than I already am. Any low-carb/low-sugar breakfast ideas?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If you eat meat then I would suggest canadian bacon, sooo low in fat and tasty. You could actually have this with a slice of light cheese on a whole grain english muffin. The earliest part of the day is the time to get some carbs in, especially if you exercise and the english muffin is full of fiber which makes you feel more full and your body needs. Also, you could have a protein shake mixed with skim milk and banana - very filling and low in sugar because its natural sugar, just make sure you check the protein powder to ensure the one you buy has a low sugar content. Happy dieting!!
    IdreamofJeannie

Answer by IdreamofJeannie at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Whole grains and fruits and veggies are so much more interesting than low carb (not to mention healthier. There are good carbs and bad carbs. There are good sugars and bad sugars. There are diets that are a temporary fix and their are healthy lifestyle changes that last for the rest of your life. Feel free to contact me for recipes and more information.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have a Cinch protein shake or meal bar. They only have stuff that is good for you in them and are quick and easy. I hope you find something that works into your schedule.
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• we have to eat on the way to work and try to stay on the carb diet so sometimes we microwave a polish sausage and eat it on the go
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well you can spice up your scambled eggs by adding sauteed spinach with garlic and throwing it on a wrap or onions and peppers. You can also have fiber one cereal. with low fat or skim milk. You need to drink at least 1 cup of milk a day. so why not with cereal especially fiber one who gives you 51% of your daily fiber intake. 14 grams of fiber.. and have 2-3 portions of calcium it could be milk,cheese yogart or puddings. also, you can make pancakes, just do the batter the night before just about when you are going to bbed and then fire up the pan and cook them..you can have one serving which equals to 3 4" pancakes.. i would add veggies or fruits with it.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I do Atkins shakes M-F. Bacon & Eggs on the weekends.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 2:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Try the "eat clean diet" search and there are a ton of recipes out there...

Eat clean breakfast burrito

Ingredients
    2 cups egg whites
    1/2 c 1% cottage cheese
    1/2 c chopped tomato
    1/2 c chopped onion
    1/2 cup black beans
    4 whole wheat tortillas
    sea salt and gresh black pepper
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions

in a small bowl whisk egg whites, cottage cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
    In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, saute vegetables and beans until soft. Pour the egg/cottage cheese mixture over vegetables and cook until mixture sets. Once firm, divide egg mixture among the warmed tortillas. Roll each into a burrito. Garnish with low-fat-sodium salsa

kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 4:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2009