when do i start looking for a pedatrician

do start loking now or wait...im 29 weeks pregnant. if i look now wat do i look for i a dr and should i 'interview' them and if so wat should i ask? im just not sure how that all works? do they make apts just to ask questions

amanda198524

Asked by amanda198524 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes they make appointments to just ask questions.

We didn't have this problem, cause my daughter just went to the same clinic me and my SO went to.

But I would imagine questions such as how available they will be in the evenings and weekends in case of emergency and asking them to walk you through what you baby will go through in the first 6 months worth of appointments would be a good place to start. If you don't feel comfortable with his/her demeanor, then you have your answer.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I called our pediatrician when I found out the sex. Luckily I've taken my niece to her pediatrician so I'd met him before and liked him. I would ask your friends which pediatricians they suggest and then make appointments to talk to them. Best of luck :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• you can wait until you are about 7-8 months along unless the amount of docs is alot to go thru.I waited until I was almost due.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009