What do you think of the gaff's coming out of the Obama administration?

Like targeting returning veterens as "possible terrorist" and then having to apologize for it again and again. My DH was a returning vet from Iraq and I was so angry at that report. There there is the bowing, hand shaking, the appeasing of all these countries with questioable leaders. And then yesterday the head of Homeland Security said "people crossing the border are not illegal, it's a civil matter" Since when did our laws about people entering this country become a civil matter instead of a potential criminal matter, especially with all the violence in Mexico. Who knows who is coming in here illegally? I would think "illegal" would be the key word in illegal immigrants. Anyone have any comments?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 11:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i would have to agree!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• This from Napolitano's 'appology':

"I'm not running away from it, but I will say it was an assessment. It was not an accusation, and quite frankly, these are products that are produced and shared with law enforcement on a routine basis."

If this is truly the case, then why the need for a new report to be released? 

I can honestly say that I don't understand one bit of why they are making the decisions they are making if it's not only for the benefit of government, and not the people it governs.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• At the rate things are going I hope we have a country left in 2012.

Obama threw the military under the bus again last night. The ACLU has filed a suit using the Freedom of Information Act requiring the Pentagon to release a lot of photos of the Iraq and Afghanistan interrrogations.

I read it on Foxnew.com. My military hubby confirmed it. They had been expecting this. This will cause a lot of problems. Not only does it make our administration look weak, it will be used as proganda by our enemies.

The ACLU has NO BUSINESS in military affairs.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The one thing I look at with this administration is the lack of integrity, such as the tax issue with some of those appointed, the double duty such as Dodd and Frank, the stuttering that goes on from The President down to the pencil pushers, and so many are getting caught with their hands and mouth where they don't think anyone will find out such as Pelosi with her recorded conversation about a collegue of hers. The DC Crew is a mess and it is very hard to conjure up hope and excitement when our leaders are as crooked as a country road. We get a little bit of a bone cast at us everyday and then, boom, another giant problem. Before they can govern us they need to govern themselves and show some balls.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• She fired the person yesterday, that released the report when it should have been her. I would love for that person to come out on Cheney's side and release all that he or she was forced to do or say under the Napolitano/Obama regime.
    When she stated terrorists came through Canada she was correct, but she worded it in a way that made Canada seem equal to Mexico and that is not the case at all. The Mexico border is an issue for so long, and so old, and nobody has any good ideas yet that work, I agree it is not a civil matter they are illegals breaking the law and I think a study showed with the crime element 10% could be considered terrorists with their drug running ways.

I think overall, Napolitano has no clue and her appointment was a mistake Obama won't admit. She should be let go, but not until after the DHS investigations because I want all her dirty drawers ( size 20) out in the open.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I do want to add 2 more things, as far as her assesment of war veterans, McVeigh was the only veteran she ever studied or investigated thus causing her to believe or think they were all capable of that and,
    if teabaggers are possible extremists what are the new left liberals coming out to protest the torture issue going to be called? Good Samaritans, great patriots, average americans? Or will she label them as extremists too? That issue and their upcoming liberal protests need to be watched for the same persecutions from the media and Napolitano.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think there have been so many goof-ups and akin nailed them on the head as far as Janet Nap. goes. She is a disgrace and it makes me wonder how many favors the big O owed these people to put them into office. Or...hmmm......maybe he just likes surrounding himself with folks just as inexperienced as he is.

And I think the whole "right wing extremists" label is absolutely ridiculous and I personally believe she owes MANY people an apology for that one...preferably as her big butt is being kicked out of office.
    Anonymous

• You know during the campaign, I was concerned about the policies Obama promoted in his speeches, and about the direction he said he wanted to go with gov't (more Big Brother / socialism & less self-reliance and liberty, for example) so I didn't vote for him.

I knew something of the Chicago political scene in which he learned politics, and the mind-set of people who formed his circle of associates, so I was less than confident that his sense of right and wrong - of integrity - would be strong.

But I was NOT prepared for the childish INCOMPETENCE being displayed by his staff. Perhaps Obama is the victim of their ineptitude - their ignorance putting him into instance after instance of wrong moves, poor choices, false statements, and corrupt practices.

Or perhaps he has exactly the people around him that he wants, and he actually is doing these things on purpose.

I don't know, but it lacks nobility & effectiveness.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think the Obama administration is making the US look like a submissive, apologetic, inconsistent joke to the rest of the world. We are losing effective decision making world leader status every day the Obama Administration holds a press conference pr releases a report.

myame

Answer by myame at 1:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You said it, myame !
    Thank you !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009