The year 2012!!?

So..i was talking to my mom today actually about my new baby to come and she asked me why did i think about having a baby now. The world is going to end in 2012. It freaked me out. I didnt even know about all the stuff that has been going around. You think the world is really going to end in 3 years or is it just another one of thoughs the worlds going to end in 2000 thing? Its really freaked me out and im actually stressed out about it.

Proudparent707

Asked by Proudparent707 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, just breathe.

I have been studying the end days for 17 years. In those years, the world has ended 8 times. 8. Since we are all still standing around and breathing, I'm fairly sure it's going to keep going for a while.

The Mayan Calendar ends in 2012, much as our calendar ends every December. Had the Mayans still been around, they would be gearing up for a HUGE celebration, like we do for New Years. The actual prediction date from the Mayans is in the year 3000, or 4000, I can't remember which, and with all the 2012 nonsense out there right now, It'll take me a bit to find the links for you.

What you need to do is this. . .make sure you are ready for an emergency. Cash (or gold) on hand, emergency food and water supplies in case of emergency. You will sleep better knowing you are prepared for disaster. As far as the rest goes, tomorrow has enough worries for itself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Nope-its just that stupid mian or whoever calendar. People have to always get worked up aobut these things. Crazy people. The world was supposed to end in 1999.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is a scary thought but I wouldn't get too worked up about it. We can't live our lives according to what happen.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• might happen
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Relax. I don't think it is going to end either. There is going to be an extremely rare plantetary alignment though. I can't remember how many years in the span at the moment. I think that is kind of neat.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If it happens it happens. What can you really do about it? I too worry about it, because according to the bible, which I know not everyone agrees upon, things that are going on in the world are spelling out the end of days. Just live your life, and hope you lived it well!
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I know it sucks the thought of it makes me sick I don't want to know a time frame just let it happen the way it has always. I hope it is not true. But continue to enjoy life atleast we still know we have 3 more years on this earth or maybe not depends when God calls on us it could b sooner and that is why they say to live your life as if it was your last bc we never know. Enjoy life
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The Mayan Calender does not say the world will come to an end. It says that this age will come to an end, there is a difference
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Why stress about something so stupid? Any of us could die tomorrow, the world could end tomorrow or it could end millions of years from now. NO ONE knows. Just live your life.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yeah the Mayans say this age will end. I truly hope it does and we come out on the other side with something much better. Do I worry about it? heck no because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009