I really need some mirena advice...

For the past week i have been beeding really bad then i will spot. i have really bad cramping and cramping in my legs to where i cant move. I cant have sex it hurts to bad and when i work out i start to bleed so bad and cramp up so bad i think i might have to go to the ER( i havent been working out cause of it) i am starting to keep headaces i have went to the docter and she said it could be PID but she is not sure so she sent me out to another doc i am wait to get a call to come in but taking way to long and still have pain. anyone have advice or maybe this has hapened to them or you think you may know whats wrong...pleaase help...

USMC-Wife28

Asked by USMC-Wife28 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• These are the same symptoms I had. From the IUD I developed a massive infection and had to have it removed on emergency. You need to go get that thing taken out before you have to many more issues.

I had it in for three months, never stopped bleeding nor cramping. Then I developed sudden sharp pains. UGH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have had Mirena for almost a year, I've had a little spotting and once I had REALLY bad cramps but I've never had what your describing. If I where having those symptims I would go to the ER and have them check to see if it had perforated, then I would tell them to take that damn thing out! It's worked great for me but so did the pill (well...except for my 3yr old), but NO bith control is worth all you've been through. Good Luck Hon!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 11:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would go to the ER. If it is so bad you can't move I would go ASAP. But I am not a doctor. If it is because of your IUD at least in the ER they can remove it fast if needed. Otherwise you might have to wait to get into a DR. Sure ER's are more expensive but the pain you are describing sounds too uncomfortable to wait. Good Luck hun.
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had similar symptoms from mine as well, but my doctor just said some people's body rejects a foreign object. (i had numerous ultrasounds, pain medication, and dr visits before this was the conclusion, who knows what it truly was) I was getting random HORRIBLE pains and wouldnt be able to move. I would bleed excessively for periods of time and then not at all for a while. It just got annoying so I had it removed and I have been fine ever since. If taking it out is an option, that is what I would recommend.
    mrspriss0506

Answer by mrspriss0506 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have had the Mirena for almost 3 years, but have only had the minor side effects, such as weight gain and hair loss. It sounds like you may be allergic to something, or your body is rejecting it. Go to the ER and have it removed immediately. There is another brand of IUD you could try or just switch to another form of BC. Good luck!
    ARmommyof2

Answer by ARmommyof2 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I also had these same symptoms and had to have my IUD removed. I had only had the IUD for about 4 months. When I finally went to the doctor I had gotten a bad infection and the doctor had to remove it and put me on antibiotics. You should think about having it removed and trying another form of Birth Control. Good Luck!
    dna80

Answer by dna80 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• i've never used mirena but i know a few people who have and they have had nothing but problems with it and they all had to have it removed. i had a paraguard copper T iud for almost 7 yrs and never once did i have a problem with it. it was great, it contains NO hormones which in and of itself creates issues. if you have any questions please feel free to pm me...
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2009