Do you believe

that Nancy Pelosi and other democrats in office didn't know that waterboarding was being used in interrogations? Or do you think that this is an attempt to try and curb the seats being turned in 2010? Or is it just good ol' political grandstanding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's my opinion If Pelosi and other Dems think that their voters will simply believe her words in 2009 over her words/actions of 2002, I would hope their VOTERS would prove them wrong. If they are going to prosecute Repubicans, they need to prosecute her.

Problem is she has a D after her name and she's from the most liberal district in the entire country. HER constituents will probably ask them to name a medal after her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think she knew.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I believe they all know what the h-ll is going on, all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Of course she knew, there was a news story on Fox.com yesterday. The finger pointing has started in the House and Senate. It should be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• She knew as did many other Democrats. They did nothing to stop it as Republicans did not stop Clinton from allowing people to be dropped off, tortured and killed in other countries to get info. Obama needs to be very careful if he is going to pursue this he will hurt his own party as much as the Republican party. Both have their hands dirty when it comes to torture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think they all knew and were very well informed. We will find that in this case honesty, integrity and owning up will take a back seat to stuttering and lying.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• she knew she is just trying to play stupid!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• She knew. She is also an idiot and a puppet. I think she'll claim plausible deniability any chance she gets.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think she knew all along and never said a word before. The issues is just a smoke and mirrors game to distract everyone from what really is going on.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Pelosi and I'm sure most Dems in DC knew. It's all a game of CYA.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009