how can i get my 15 month old to sleep trough the night?

my son will not sleep. he will fall asleep for about 3 hours and then wake up screeming, i think he is have night mares but how do i help him?

cage0101

Asked by cage0101 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is probably just getting to the age where he is starting to have nightmares. Just reassure him, but don't stay in the room long. You don't want him to get in the habit of falling asleep again with you there.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's pretty normal for them to wake in the middle of the night well past the first birthday.

Check out ":The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. There's a toddler edition that will help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Go in and pat his butt and tell him he is okay. Maybe if he is in the dark put a dim night light in the room for him so he is not scared. Reassure him and calm him and then lay him back down. Is he sleeping when you lay him down or is he awake putting himself to sleep? If your rocking him to sleep then laying him down he might realize then that your gone so that is what he is screaming about.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I use the No Cry Sleep Solution when my son was 21 months. It worked in about a week. He'd been waking 4 times a night before that.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009