Do you have any regrets?

My friends, all, eventually ask me if i have any regrets. I know what they are really asking is if I regret having my daughter so young, and if I regret staying with her father(we've been together 5 years as of Wednesday), and it really bothers me because I am truly happy with that part of my life. I do have my share of regrets, though. I regret being so hard on my mother when i was a teenager. I should have been more understanding. i also regret telling my little brother no, when he asked me to play outside with him and his friends( I usually did, but it really bothers me that sometimes i wouldn't). I'm just wondering what kinds of things other moms regret. Thank you for your replies. have a great day!

EmeryRosesMommy

Asked by EmeryRosesMommy at 12:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I regret being so incredibly mean to people when I was younger. I regret the words "I hate you" ever being said to my parents.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I get asked if I regret being married before I graduated high school and if I regret having my daughter when I never really wanted to get pregnant. I have been with my husband 10 years and married for 8. All my friends have babies out of wedlock and most have been married and divorced already. I have regrets in my life but not about my husband or my child. Mostly being a pain in the as$ growing up and taking advantage of my mom.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Your "regrets" just show that you care :) about your family. You are proud of your life-yeah-may not be everyone's cup of tea-but if your happy I would tell your friends to drop it.

I don't have any real regrets either-well, other than wishing I would have stood up for myself more in high school. I really let some bi^%$# walk all over me. Now that I see them I myspace-I hope they are eating crow bc I amounted to something, have a beautiful family and they are all still single with just each other.
    Anonymous

• My only regrets are a one night stand when I was 18 and my first marrige!!!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I regret that I got my college degree in something I am not using and wish I would have been more practical and gone in the med. field. I regret not saving money when I was younger with less bills. I regret that i let my ex-husband steal my self-esteem that I am slowly growing back. I regret that I let my dd eat so much ice cream after her school program last night...cause she threw it up on my down comforter!!! :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I regret being a BRAT to my mom, not finishing school (I dropped out in 9th grade) I have my GED though.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I know how you feel. I think my friends wonder that because they can go do what they want w/o having a sitter and they don't have to worry about other people before they act. What they don't understand is the happiness a child brings into your life. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn't have my child at 22...and then he runs through the room or something and he's just so damned adorable I can't imagine life without him. Just remember how you feel about your little brother when your kids ask you to play!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i regret not ever being close to my sister were 7 years diffrent and as i got older i had friends to hang out with, well now im in my 30's and shes 24 and i only see her on holidays like easter thanksgiving and she only lives like 20 mins from me i dont know if shes happy or not how shes doing we chit chat and shes always been quiet and to herself thought she would grow out of it when she got older and in a relationship but still nothing. maybe if i was around her more when she was younger it would be diffrent.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thanx for the great answers everybody! It seems like a lot of us should have been nicer to our Moms. lol.
    EmeryRosesMommy

Answer by EmeryRosesMommy at 12:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i was with him 4 yrs when i married him @ 19. dont regret that. now its almost 9 yrs together. i do wish i would have graduated with my class. i have my g.e.d. i regretted not going to college right after my g.e.d. i am going to college now while we only have 1 kid. my mom has regrets about relationships so she gets on me a lot about not being with more guys. i keep telling her its not an issue for me. shes is someone who truly does believe the grass is greener on the other side.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009