You're supposed to have 6 visits to the ped the first year. If I decided not to vaccinate would I still have to take my baby to see the ped that many times?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, its a well baby check up with the option to have shots. They measure the baby, weight the baby and measure the babies head. They check its ears and nose and throat as well to make sure everything is growing like it should. They check the childs eyes and tracking skills and fine motor and large motor skills to make sure its passing milestones. They also check for teething and tooth rot in some cases. So yes you would still go as you need the records for school even if you opt to not vaccinate.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes,the visits are to track growth and development also.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Um yes. That's because you still need to make sure the development is on track.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thank you. op
    Anonymous

• 6 seems excessive to me. I don't think we did that many when they didn't do so many shots so early. does newborn in hospital count? 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 yr. 18 months, 2 yrs. 3 yrs. etc. they do add up don't they?
    Anonymous

• My non-vaxed DD has been to every check up.
    I figure it would help if we ever get some sort of laws suit for not vaxing.(Like if she died or got hurt from a complication that the hospital caused, they would want to blame us, then I would show them her health records, and get a lawyer.) That, and I like to see how advanced she is compared to the average kid.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 6 visits:
    3 days after delivery
    2 months
    4 months
    6 months
    9 months
    12 months op
    Anonymous