Cervix positioning to tell if you're pregnant?

I read something recently and I have to ask. It sounds so odd.

I read that if you can't feel your cervix then you're pregnant, if you can feel it then you're not pregnant. Is there truth to that? I remember on my charting website they ask about cervix positioning but that is for ovulation charting.

Do cervix position have much to do with telling if you are pregnant?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No. my cervix was high and soft (and I was 1.5 weeks late). I thought I was pregnant, but just to find out it was all hormonal. Not only not pregnant, but now have a history of irregular periods when I was regular before. The only way is a pregnancy test.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Heck no. It's more of a monthly ordeal. At certain times of the month, you can feel your cervix because it sits lower. At other times, you cannot. I found that I can always feel mine, especially in a sitting position.

Anonymous

• Right? Me too. I know that it changes color when you become pregnant. It gets darker, like a purple color vs the normal pink.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• All I've heard is that your cervix sits higher when you are at your most fertile.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 12:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Im not so sure about the positioning but I know that when you become pregnant that your cervix is soft. I wouldnt check it untill you have a missed period because it doesnt get soft right away. GL
    Anonymous