How do you get your glass dishes clean?

I have glass baking dishes and i can't ever get them to look like they didi when i first got them!

Jessi_08

Asked by Jessi_08 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Since they are glass you can use steel wool or cleanser to get the baked on crap off. If it's spots, use rinse agent in your dishwasher.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• brilo pads.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• s.o.s pads my favorite
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 12:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I am afraid of scratching them, so I dip my damp dishcloth in a little baking soda and scour with that.

Answer by Bmat at 12:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I use the No Scratch Pad from Scotch Brite and some Method Dish Soap. Mine most often come out sparkling. However, if there is a little brown baked on spot, I use Cerama-Bryte (flat top stove cleaner), then it's lifted away.
    garfanatic

Answer by garfanatic at 2:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try soaking them in warm water and baking soda for 30 minutes in the sink, then get out the sos pad and start scrubbing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• The No Scratch Pad from Scotch Brite has to be the best thing EVER (well, that and the Mr. Clean Eraser...). I use a pan scraper, dish soap and the No Scratch Pad. I cut mine in half so they last longer and are easier to handle.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I use SOS pads. Just make sure you wear rubber gloves. It works like a charm for me. I've also heard that if you soak your baking dish overnight in warm water with a dryer sheet or two in the water, that everything will come right off! I haven't tried it, but it can't hurt!
    Moonrush

Answer by Moonrush at 10:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2009