What are heat bumps and how do i keep my baby from getting them?

My baby has got these bumps on her head and someone told me they are heat bumps but i want to know if there is any thing i can put on them to keep them from coming.

Becca8228

Asked by Becca8228 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• a little powder but do not let her breathe it in
    Anonymous

• Most babies get these at some point somewhere on their body. Just try to keep her clean and dry (hard to do sometimes I know). They are normal and won't hurt her and will eventually go away.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 12:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Keep her dry and clean. Other than that, there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Babies get that from being hot and sweaty. They don't hurt or itch and will go away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My kids still get it on hot summer days. I just give them plenty of fluids and dress them as cooly and loosly as possible.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• sometimes a cool[not cold] wash rag may help,but like the other moms it dont hurt and will go away in time,she wont have scars but yes keep her as cool as you can and dry,its normal.:]:]
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2009