NEED HELP WITH GETTING KID TO SLEEP!

My almost three year old has crazy bed times! Sometimes she will go to bed early (which would be 8) sometimes it's not until 10:30! It is driving me crazy because I always try to get her wound down around 7:30 with a bath and a story, but she just refuses to go to sleep. She gets up at 7 every morning regardless. (and sometimes she refuses to nap as well) I guess I am asking how do I get her on a stricter sleep schedule that is easily enforced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• is she in school? well of course its normal for a kid to want to stay up and wakes up early..its just normal.. however she is getting spoiled. instead of 7:30 lay her down around 6:30 after a warm bath maybe a small snack and she will be ready to be knocked out.. and it would help if she didnt take a nap or maybe 15 minute nap. because she will run around playing all day and 6:30 comes around she will know its time to lay down and try to watch a movie with her and this may help her sleep also knowing you are beside her.. try it Mama!
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• At our home bed time is 8. you are in bed teeth brushed, pj's on at 8pm. so that's my advise, she can't refuse it's your rule and she has to do it. Just like she HAS to wear clothes when she leaves the house, she HAS to go to bed at bedtime. It really is that easy. If you have to deal with screaming then buy ear plugs... a 4 month old should only cry for 10 minutes at most, but a toddler, as long as she can breathe... she's fine! And i agree with the suggestion of starting early, that way if she screams for 2 hours she is still in bed at a decent time and so are you! On another note, my sister once told me if they don't wake up on there own, they rn't getting enough sleep, so if she is waking up on her own, as in no one is making noise to wake her, she may be getting plenty of sleep going to bed at 10:30.
    jabnumber1

Answer by jabnumber1 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009