Spitting up

I have been trying to slowly switch my almost five moth old over to formula. I have never given formula to her straight, it as always been mixed with breastmilk at no more than half and half. I started this about a week and a half ago. About 5days ago, I stopped smoking my nightly cigarette because I really just dont want her to be subject to that, even though it is only through my milk. I have also been trying a bit of diluted apple juice, started about 2weeks ago. For the past couple of days (maybe 4), she has been spitting up like crazzy. I wouldnt say that it is all that she eats because it isnt. It happens most often when she eats (breastmilk only) then falls asleep. As soon as she wakes up she spits up.

What do you think I should do?
Could it be acid reflux? (I know that I have had that for a while and if I eat then sleep I feel like I wanna puke when I wake up)

HunnysFarAway

Asked by HunnysFarAway at 12:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes it could be reflux...also maybe an allergic reaction from the type of formula...
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It could be any number of things. I believe formula to be much thicker than breastmilk. It reacts differently in the little one's stomach. But baby's spit up....that's their job. Laundry is ours. ;)

If your little one is in pain while they spit up you'll want to let your pediatrician know.
    JenAndCian

Answer by JenAndCian at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009