Can someone please tell me where in the Bible it says that homosexuality is a sin?

Jesus took meals with lepers and prostitutes, you want me to believe he'd turn his back on gays? Besides, it's not up to us to decide who is in God's good favour. Can't we just focus on loving man kind and stop condemning others?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 12:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My biggest problem with the whole "gay marriage" controversy is that those who condemn it and lawmakers who are so vehemently against it use the Bible to support that point of view. However, one of the great benefits of living in the United States of America is that this is not a theocracy! Lawmakers should not use the Bible as a basis for their decision-making! Especially in matters such as this, where the choice homosexuals make to marry does not negatively affect anyone else. The "ew, gross" reaction people have to it is completely irrelevant. Homosexuals should have the same legal and social rights as heterosexuals. Let's not forget that it was only a generation ago that blacks and whites were not legally allowed to marry! This falls into that same absurd category. And to argue that it's an offense to the sanctity of marriage and family is absurd as well - Las Vegas weddings are far more offensive! Let people be happy!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 2:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I am with you on this one.
    Anonymous

• Leviticus 18:22, "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
    Anonymous

• He turns against the sin. Not the human being.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Romans 1:24-32, Leviticus 18:22,27-30, Sodom and Gomorrah -Genesis 19, Judges chapters 19 and 20. and everytime in the Old Testament where Israel allowed sodomites to increase, God punished them for it. 1stKings 15: 12 and 2nd Kings 23: 7 , 1st Kings 22:46.
    Read the whole chapters, the context of each of these citations are good kings doing what God told them to do.
    Anonymous

• I agree with OP on this one...
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The bible never mentioned that it was a sin. In the Sodom and Gomorrah story He said that anal sex was a sin, and I think oral sex. It happened to be that a lot of gays do those things so people mistenterpret it. It is seen as "unclean". Having sex during a woman's period is mentioned in that same section. In the whole context of the scriptures, it is a sin to have "unclean" sex. Therefore gays are no more at fault than married couples who have anal sex. Also, sex is sacred and should be left for marriage. Marriage is a LIFETIME commitment in the bible. So it is quite possible that gay couples that are lifetime partners can be in the same category as the married, therefore not making them sinners.

On a different subject, the bible never mentions that SUICIDE is wrong either.

-In general, scriptures are made to be interpreted as a whole. No one is allowed to "pick and chose" to interpret the bible.
    SummerBall

Answer by SummerBall at 1:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I hope my answer helped. I am heterosexual, but I am just telling the truth. I went to a Christian University and minored in Religion.

Some people are just ignorant, or afraid to say what they really feel because they don't want to be judged. It has always been that way... Basically, beckcorc, more people probably agree with your point of view than you think! They are just afraid to say or show that they do.
    SummerBall

Answer by SummerBall at 1:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• And yes, God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. The purpose of sex is to reproduce. God let's things happen for a reason. Like couples having a child with a birth defect. Have you ever thought that people that are born gay might have been done on purpose, as a form of population control???

It is worth considering...
    SummerBall

Answer by SummerBall at 1:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Doubt is never worth considering.
    Anonymous