• In the Spotlight:

volunteering...

How much do you volunteer or participate in activities for your kids? Do you coach, lead girl scouts, be on community boards, set up fund raisers, work in the classroom? Seems like it is always the same people working to make things happen and same people complaining and saying how things should be done...when they only show up to drop their kid off. What do you do to contribute? Just curious...brag on yourself!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have been volunteering in my sons school as much as possible since he was in preschool and he is now in 7th grade. I do whatever I can to help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I coach ice hockey and it would be cool if I were to coach, or help coach, him if he decides to play (he's only 11 months right now, LOL).

DH played college soccer and am sure he'd volunteer to coach him if he were to play.

I'm all about volunteering, I would enjoy it!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• None, but my DD is only 8 months. I can't wait for her to get older and I'll get involved in PTA and sports, ect. I used to do a lot of volunteer work before I had her, but now I can't get a baby sitter to go do any.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009