Amish Friendship Bread

Have you ever been given a starter for friendship bread? Have you heard of it? I just finished my 10 days and am baking it right now and I am sooooo hoping that it turns out good. I found a lot of variations so if this turns out well then I am hoping to test them out.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 1:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Thanks for the responses, I am on my second round of this bath of bread. I am having a hard time passing it on to people but it is something fun and yummy to do.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:40 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I've never even heard of it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have never tried it but I would like to.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My nephew (a professional chef) has had Fred, his sourdough starter, for over two years.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is sooooo good - I am out of starter bread right now. enjoy!!!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes, i got a starter bag, and mine had a cinimon taste to it. it was good! I thought it was a pain in the ass to keep up with it for 10 days though! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Yes and I love it anyone know how to make the starter? I have a taste for it right now.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My husband gets it from a guy at his work once in awhile. He loves it! He likes to add things to it though. Last time we did a chocolate blackberry and everyone loved it! We have done chocolate banana too.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 11:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2009