any one know of a good wine to relax to?

21st birthday is coming up (5 days) and i want to buy wine or maybe something else that i can relax to. any suggestions?
so far i only have 10 dollars...

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Is there a Trader Joes near you? That is the place for bargain wines. I am a big fan of Rioja (Spanish red); I have no idea what your taste is. If you would like to learn about wines, without spending money on a class, start going to wine tastings in your area. www.localwineevents.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Uh first of all if you have to buy anything to relax, something is wrong. What you need to do is to take a long hot bubble bath, go to bed early and that would be relaxing.. not drinking alcohol. If you need alcohol to relax, that is the first sign of a problem. Get a book, get some bubble and go take a nice long bath.. just because you're 21 does not mean you have to drink.
    Anonymous

• I Like Berringer White Ziffindale. Its not too expensive. And I LOVE the taste and it gets me relaxed.
    kaylimom08

Answer by kaylimom08 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If you like red, a pinot noir is very mild and delicious...all price ranges. Let's just all ignore anon =) Ridiculous comment...Enjoy your birthday!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Fetzer Cabernet or Merlot is usually a really good inexpensive wine. I also agree w/ gramsmom about the Pinot Noir's being a good mild choice for a red wine. I'm not a white wine lover so I can't help you there ;) Happy Birthday!

Wheres_the_Luv

Answer by Wheres_the_Luv at 2:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yellow tail wines are pretty good, and pretty cheap. Carlo Rossi is super cheap (10$ for a bum jug) and it's not horrible
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I am 26 just getting hip to the wine scene but what makes me relax is a fuzzy navel peach schnapps and oj I mix it with frozen shaved ice in the summer and plain in the winter its nice I also mix it to my strength I do not follow bartender rules ha ha but its really nice I think!!
    ethansandjsmom

Answer by ethansandjsmom at 4:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Just cause you're 21 doesn't mean you need to drink. It's just dumb to start something you don't need. Curl up with good book or rent a chick flick. Being able to drink doesn't make you grown up, but being able to just say no to any of it is MATURE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• anything in a bottle LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2009