Questions for those who have had their tubes tied...

Do you still ovulate and get the mucus that signals your fertile period? Do you get even more "in the mood" durring that time, like you did before having the tubal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• Because you are no longer on hormones your natural hormones will take over, causing you to be more in the mood about 4 days prior to ovulation. You will ovulate and you will resume producing the same nasty mucus before you were on contraception. Acne will resume and all of your other PMS symptoms which were previously relieved by the pill. Your periods will also probably become heavier and longer, and with more cramping.
    I got my tubes tied 6 years ago and if I had the money I would voluntarily have a hysterectomy, the pill makes life so much more easier while on your period.
    Anonymous