when do babys hold there own bottel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every baby is different my daughter i 5 months and holds hers so it really depends on the baby and when they get their muscles strong enough
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Mine never did. We put them on a sippy cup and taught them to hold it at 6 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Mine doesn't use a bottle, but he holds my boob lol.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 9.5 months and she won't hold her bottle or a sippy cup. I know she's strong enough to, she just doesn't seem interested in doing it.
    Anonymous

• my son is almost 5 months and he's holdin on to it, but he still drops it so, its a work in progress!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 5 months and she is just now starting to get the hang of it. But you gotta kinda teach them to grab their bottle. She still drops it, but she has been holding it for longer amounts of times now =]

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Don't you mean "When do babies hold their own bottle?".....

Babies need to be held when they eat.....

Holding a bottle is not a milestone....

Don't be lazy, just hold it for them....
    Anonymous

• My baby just held his bottle today for the first time, he is 3 months old, but I thing it was kind of an accident, he didn´t know what was goimg on lol, was funny though
    Iansmommy004

Answer by Iansmommy004 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was concerned about this too. I asked his doc about it and its differs for eacvh baby its perfectly normal for them not to hold it. Its just thier way of showing you they want to be close. my sons 10 months doesnt hold his bottle he likes being cuddly when he eats but if you give him a sippy cup hell do that on his own just fine!
    keegansMommi615

Answer by keegansMommi615 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2009

• Mine didnt hold her own bottle until she was 9 months old :)
    All babies are different. Ive heard them starting at 3 months and ive heard of them starting at a year and a half.

Good luck!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2009