What should the last name be?

Heres the thing, my sister is dating a guy they have been together for 6 months.

They were engaged over christmas but she broke it off cause she said she couldnt trust him. not infedility just lack of basic trust.

here are my problems with him.....

1. he is still legally married to his first wife

2. he has two missbehaved children with his first wife he makes my sister watch ALL THE TIME.

3. he bought a tv before he bought the crib.

4. He has had two almost yelling arguements with her mom.

5. He is on workmans comp and will be for the next year at least.

Here's my question, the babys name is going to be LUKE AIDEN....

what about the last name?

What should it be hers or his?

airmanswife08

Asked by airmanswife08 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's yoru sisters call. What you listed above is petty and shouldn't stop him from having his last name if that's what she wants.
    Anonymous

• its up to her if she wants the baby to have his last name she should do it that way but if she doesnt then she shouldnt...
    Anonymous

• I think that if he is going to be involved in the babies life, it should have his last name.
    Anonymous

• She can always change it later so I would make the last name be MY last name, not the losers.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If she doesn't trust him, and it seems he needs to grow up a little, heres a suggestion give him both. hyphenate it, with his last name last, and if it doesn't work out she can always drop his name and keep hers
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• They're not married, the name should be hers.

And she needs to grow up and get the hell away from him.
    Anonymous

• since SO and I arent married our son has my last name and SO's last name (on the birth certificate and ss card). but we have it to where my last name is considered a middle name to avoid constant mixups. the reason I wanted my last name in there was to carry on my last name, and I have no problem that my SO's last name is the actual last name!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If she isnt with him, i say her last name. he seems like a loser anyways if she doesnt see her self with him, then why should it be his last name? if it was me i would use my last name.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Hmm, this guy sounds like a loser! Has she considered giving the baby up for adoption? Perhaps the baby could have a third parties last name?
    Anonymous

• I think it should be his name OR hers then his.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009