I have a hard time keeping myself and my baby on a schedule, are there any ways to make it easier?

I have a hard time, and always have had a hard time keeping a schedule. I eat when Im hungry, excercise when I feel motivated, and sleep when Im tired. I'm trying to keep my baby on a schebule but am having trouble, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont really have a "schedule" but a routine. and my son is 1. he's usually up by 8am, but I allow him to sleep in. if it's past 10 I wake him up, give him breakfast, and I eat with him. then he's usually ready for his first nap. when he's up we have lunch together unless i'm starving then i'll eat and maybe have a snack when he eats lunch. he's still taking afternoon naps, usually about 2 hrs. long. when he's up I give him dinner, and before bed he gets a bath (sometimes we skip it), story/song and bed! of course between all the meals and all I let him play, or I leave the house with him to do errands or whatever.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son's 19 months, and it's only been the past three weeks I've been able to stick to a routine/schedule. We get up around 8 am, he spends time with Daddy before Daddy goes to bed (he works nights) then we eat breakfast. I check my email while he plays with toys, and then we eat lunch. After lunch, we go to the park (unless he's super impatient, we bring lunch with us to the park) after the park, we come home, mommy cleans house while baby eats a snack, and watches tv or plays with toys, and then we eat dinner, then spend time with Daddy before bed. Bedtime he gets a snack, we get into jammies, read a story, and then off to bed.

The only thing that worked for me was knowing how much better off he'd be with a routine. Try setting an alarm clock for specific times so you know you need to do something, or write down a schedule you want to follow, and them force yourself to follow it for a few days, you'll get used to it soon.GL
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009