How far along am I?

Can anyone help me with this. My cycles are usually 34 days. The first day of my LMP was 3/1. However, I didn't ovulate until March 24th (opk, so I know for sure, and this is when we had sex). I got my positive hpt on April 3rd. So I went to the dr. yesterday and they said I was only 5.5 weeks along so they couldn't see the heartbeat??? I can see not being as far along due to my late ovulation, but only 5.5 weeks? The ultrasound tech said the sac looked healthy, the dr. wouldn't see me because it's too early, and now I'm left wondring if everthing is okay or not? I don't go back to dr. until 5/15. Would the dr. have seen me if she thought something was wrong? I hate being left hanging for 3 weeks! Has this ever happened to anyone? Sorry for all of the details. Thank you!

hlw28

Asked by hlw28 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if something were wrong they would of seen you or made a closer appointment....congrats by the way
    Anonymous

• the doc def would have seen u if something was wrong- i wouldnt worry and they will do more at ur visit on the 15th it will be the full on tests blood, pap smear, internal exam the whole nine lol so just relax- everythings ok and congrats! good luck!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• This happened to me too. They could see the sac but nothing else. DON'T WORRY...I'm sure everything is just fine. And like the PP have said, if something was wrong they would have gotten you in right away. We didn't get to see the heartbeat until about 7 weeks. GOOD LUCK!!
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 1:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My last pregnancy, I went in thinking that I should be around 10 or 12 weeks. I went for an ultrasound they didnt see anything. I went back 3 weeks later and they seen the baby. turns out when I went to the dr for the first time, it was 2 weeks after I had conceived!!! Good luck and congrats!!!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Congratulations....if they had seen something wrong with the development of the sac you would know about it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• They don't even see you here until you are 10-12 weeks.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• What they told you is probably pretty close...I ovulated on 3/24 also, but my cycle is 28 days. Im 6w3d.
    crice913

Answer by crice913 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• At 6 weeks exactly both my kids were like dots of the ultrasound
    Anonymous

• Thank you everyone! You have all made me feel so much better (~:
    hlw28

Answer by hlw28 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• you can get pregnant at anyyyy time.. and some people ovualte earlier or later, which also goes along with whether its a boy or girl... YOu cant see a heartbeat til 6 weeks. I went for u/s for bleeding and cramping, i thought i was 2-3 weeks, i waslike is that a heartbeat? i thought you cant see that for 6 wk? she said yeah, your almost 8wk.. Also... the earlier the u/s the more accurate the date with the measurements cuz as you get farther along the measurement where they figured out your due date depends on the speed of growth. Some babies will grow faster, slower, the way you eat, gestational diabetis, if small/large babies run in family, and u/s can be off by 2 weeks either way, with later u/s. If you found out early enough where it is a sac go wih that date, trust me. lol. Good luck!
    MommaBear2myson

Answer by MommaBear2myson at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009