how do i know if my son is teething

my son is 3 months old. he has been really fussy which is not normal and nothing i do will comfort him. he is also chewing and sucking his hand to the point where he is leaving hickies on his hands and excessively drooling and running a low fever occasionally. i checked his gums and i saw a little white bump on the bottom gum. can anyone tell me if this is teething if so what are some options to relieve his pain

kcandie

Asked by kcandie at 1:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like it to me...try the baby ibuprofen...and if that doesnt work give him frozen waffles to chew on that might help him
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• the white bump is a definate sign! the drolling and biting/chewing are also signs. my son pulls his ears too. offer a teething ring and/or cool and wet washcloth. my son also enjoyed chewing the hell out of pacifiers for teething
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yep he's teething, I didn't like abosol because it didn't las very long, I used teething tablets for my son, they desolve on there gums and work for 6 hours, also give him tylenol, and give him teething rings frozed or a wet wash cloth frozen, or cut a sour pickle in half long ways and let him suck on it, but watch him if he bits it off.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• he is still only drinking formula is it safe for him to chew on the waffle or suck on the pickle
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 1:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No wheat before baby tunrs one! Wheat is an allergy trigger food. Frozen washclothes are great, so are Hylands teething tabs.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009