my 15 month old son still sleeps in our room, should we put him in his own room? if so why?

cage0101

Asked by cage0101 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you should ask your husband how he feels. My dd is 7 months and sleeping with us but there are many nights we could have more intimacy if she were in her crib. If your sex/intimacy hasn't taken a hit and you are both fine with it then let him stay. But if your husband would like some alone time with you then rethink your decision.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Are you comfortable with him in there? If yes then he is fine, if not then don't worry about it. In many countries everybody sleeps in one big room.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Its all up to you :) My daughter slept in our room til she was about 18 months.She had her own crib and her own room.BUT i liked her being close and so did my husband.Since he is in the military i understood. She now sleeps in her own room just fine :) She even goes up herself and puts herself to bed.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• only if you want to you dont have to...if you dont want him in his own room then there is no big rush on it you are his parent and if you are more comfortable with him in your room then keep him there
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes, he should move to his own room. It will allow independence for him and privacy for you.
    Anonymous

• Anon..he is 15 months old , he doesn't need independence. And at this age he would be asleep any time any privacy would be needed anyway.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's up to you. Dd has her own room and has been in it since 8 weeks old. Sometimes she'll sneak into our bed early in themorning (she's almost 2). There are pros and cons to the own room. independence, break for parents, no worries of rolling onto the child if they are in your bed, easier to transition to sleeping and waking on their own as they get older. if in your room/bed, there is bonding and reissurance when child wakes up that you are there, easier to deal with if they are sick, can always transition to own room/bed later.

I'm sure there are plenty of others reasons, just all I can think of. So you and hubby decide.
    Anonymous