Does the hormones in mirena make you gain weight even if your eatting good? or is it the thing we eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• The hormones in the Mirena IUD are localized. They don't go through your blood stream. So, they wouldn't make you fat. I think it's what you eat. I wish my IUD would make me skinny. That's what I need.
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 1:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• NO. My doctor told me its one birthcontrol that won't make you gain weight.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Oh okay great because I heard so many stories about woman gaining weight on it and cant seem to lose weight on it! is there any success stories weight loss out there!? lol
    Anonymous

• I had a Minera IUD put in at my 6 week post-baby appointment. At the time I was using the Cinch Inch Loss Plan to lose weight. The weight kept coming off after the appointment. I ended up shedding approx. 25 lbs. Send me a mesage if you would like more info.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Megan
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009