Feeding my 3 wk old son

Sometimes my son will take 4 ozs of formula then sleep for 4 hrs. Other times he will take 3 ozs and sleep 2 1/2 hrs. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

What diapers are the best for boys? My son has tried pampers and huggies sometimes when he pees it soaks his clothes. I usually have to change his clothes 3 times a day...

newmom2be202

Asked by newmom2be202 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes thats fine! at this age as long as he seems full thats whats important. and this is also a growth spurt age!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I know the docs don't agree.But I fed my son at 4 months cereal.They make bottles for cereal.The baby will sleep longer if he is not hungry after 3 hours.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Feed on demand. He'll take what he's hungry for and be hungry as often as he is.....that's all there is to it.

Diapers...when we had consistent leaks, we went up a size. You can't really rely on the weights on the packages.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• the feeding is totally normal, my son is now 6 weeks and he was the exact same way when he was 3 weeks...his eating was very random...dont worry it gets better, he's 6 weeks now and sleeps for 7 hrs a night!!

as for the diapers, again we had the saem problem...i stopped using the newborn size pampers and started using the size 1, they were a little big on him at first, but he hasnt pee'd on his clothes since (well not with his diaper on anyways!!) lol just one of the many fun things about having a boy!! :) good luck!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 3:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Babys eat when therye hungry. As long as hes happy hes fine. Also I use LUVS for my son and never have problems..Im ashamed to say that there are times Ill go quite a while with out check his diaper. Hes such a happy kid and always on the go so it give me time to have..well me time.. and ill admitadly forget to check his diaper till he gets hungry or tired. and ive never had a probelm with leaks or diaper rash.
    keegansMommi615

Answer by keegansMommi615 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2009