Here's a two parter, answer any which way you think it will go

What is the outcome if Obama decides to prosecute Bush Administration officials?
What is the outcome if Obama decides to not prosecute Bush officials?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, if he decides to prosecute, he will have to prosecute all the members of Congress that knew about it, and didn't cry foul until it became trendy. Plus he has to realize that he opens himself up to prosecution from the next administration for whatever he does that they don't agree with, which is bound to be plenty. (a lot of laws these days are unConstitutional).

if he doesn't, a majority of the left will flip out for .4 seconds.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Regardless of how it goes, the right will smear him for his decision.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well of course they will, it's called being the President on the other side of the aisle. Welcome to America.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If Obama Admin prosecutes, Dem Congressmen/women will be named, it will get ugly.
    If Obama Admin doesn't Prosecute, Obama may lose vaction rights at George Soros home.

Either way, in my opinion. Obama will lose military votes in 2012. For this, the Homeland Sec report, and for his appointment of Rosa Brooks. Speaking from my military experience and contacts with friends, he is not showing support to a segment of the population who works the hardest for this country. He has chosen politics over people.
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• myame It is your opinion.I personally know many ,many military personnel who are happy with the President. And what are vaction rights?

Anonymous

• Which is why I said in my opinion Anon.  Did you miss that, or are you repeating because you like to re-read your anonymous-ness? LOL....

So, you are the typo police? Oh no, wait you are a low life bottom feeder (anonymous) who doesn't have the confidence to post with their name/avatar.  If you want to know what I mean, feel free to private message me I, have nothing to hide :) Till then, you are nothing.

myame

Answer by myame at 2:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If these people are prosecuted, then it makes it legal to pass a law tomorrow, and put in jail anyone who did something 8 years ago that would have violated this NEW law. ... make sense?

More specifically, it would change our system from a lawful one with consistent rules for everyone (it's called equality) to something more like 17th century monarchies in which your fate depended on the good mood of the king. In today's America, it looks like the activist media working with designing politicians are "the king" - witness their lying portrayal of AIG execs' bonuses which fed these citizens to the dogs by whipping up public outrage to the point of death threats.

A witch hunt like this would be motivated by the SAME wish to foster a mob-lynching.

If they do NOT prosecute, then we will have dodged an episode of French-Revolution-style "Guillotine! Guillotine!" .... but I will still be alarmed by how close we came.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Notice how Pelosi immediately said no one told her about water boarding *sniff sniff* Sorry Nanc, you were there, you should have read what you agreed to! No exemptions for favorites will be acceptable, so maybe OB doesn't really like you Nanc and now he can get RID of you!
    I think this witch hunt is ridiculous, I commend & have nothing but admiration & respect for our military, if it were not for them we would have NO freedom! Our military should have the power & sanctions to do whatever is necessary to keep us all safe. The silliness and cowardice that is being given a voice by the ignorance of those who have no idea what staring down death is, could be the needless downfall of us all. In my opinion unless a person has walked the walk and stood in harms way to protect our country, they need to sit down & shut UP, this restricted area is only for those who have been there and KNOW what the score really is!!!

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Ohhhh, myame, it looks like you have an anon assistant that likes to proofread. How exciting. Too bad she doesn't really have much of an opinion to go with her criticism.
    Anonymous

• If he does prosecute, I agree, it will be bi-partisan on who was involved and it will get ugly. Hey, just for clarification, is this the thing Pelosi was trying to stand in the way to make sure that Dem's weren't named in this? I heard something on the news, but wasn't able to watch that segment.

If he doesn't prosecute, I imagine nothing will happen. The dems like being in control and if they want to keep it, they have to stick together. Even if they hate each other. Obama needs Pelosi and Reid's support, and of course they need his as well.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2009