And another question regarding the same just for good measure

If it turns out that Republicans and Democrats were versed in the torture laws and were in favor of it anyway, allowing it to happen, where does the prosecution end? After 9/11, wasn't the majority of every U.S. Citizen willing to capture and torture whoever we could find at the time, in fear of another attack?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's My Opinion: George Washington Bush lived every day of his Presidency as though it were Sept 12th. Wanting every US citizen feel safe. Barack Hussein Obama lives everyday like it is Sept 10th, 2001. Oblivious to the type of people who want to kill us, who want to see our children decapitated. These are not nations against the US. These are extremist who live everyday with the purpose to kill Americans.

myame

Answer by myame at 1:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Too many people were involved with this. Even Pelosi knew of this (although id love to see her prosecuted. haha) Can we just prosecute Pelosi for being an old ugly liar?
    Anonymous

• I do think majority and probably ALL knew.Yes I remember Americans were highly upset,scared,and pissed off after 9-11 as we should of been.I remember many of people wishing they could go after the terrorists and any who knew of any of it.Our troops were fired up bigtime remember all the stuff they wrote on the missles and such? and anybody I knew was all for it.Then suddenly political grandstanding oh nowww this was wrong waterboarding is wrong politicians lying saying oh no huh? what? I had no idea no idea.........hahahaha yeah sure.
    Anonymous

• So, many politicians were on GW's side, till it was no longer politically convenient. Most of those happen to be Democrats. What we call "fair weathered" friends. They are the worst kind because they cannot be trusted. Now, these fair weathered friends are trying to spin the story to protect their butts, while prosecuting others. They are vile people, and if the prosecution is going to exist, then ALL need to be included, not just the ones who Democrats see fit.

myame

Answer by myame at 2:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Walker. It's Walker. hahahahahahahahaha
    Anonymous

• Pelosi is already using a Clinton defense - she knew but she didn't know. She specifically skipped briefings where she knew it would be discussed so she could claim they didn't tell her any specifics about it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yea, I am reading a book on George Washington right now. oops. c'est la vie.
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Of COURSE they knew - it was honorable until it got twisted to make the US look bad.

"Every US citizen willing to torture" implies that these techniques ARE torture. This sensational label for enhanced interrogation was slapped on by the media to get attention. A prisoner gets rattled, confused, and perhaps frightened, but he is not injured - not even "soft-tissue damage".

And, yes, I have read cafemom posts yelling that emotional/psychological harm is HORRIBLE and beyond the pale, that innocent prisoners should NEVER be subjected to such treatment. I am happy that we live in such a cushioned society that we have the luxury of such muddled opinions.

And the argument that "we Americans should not sink to the level of our enemies" implies that these interrogation methods are as base and low as the beating, cutting, maiming, bone-breaking and beheading of real torture.

Every US citizen is a long way from that.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was in favor of capture and prosecution, but not torture. We should hold ourselves to higher standard of behavior. How can we morally defend ourselves in any conflict if we act immorally ourselves?

But...I was angry when the soldiers who were just following orders took the fall for this. I think the person in ultimate charge has to accept responsibility..and it this case that is G.W. Which prez said "the buck stops here"?
    Anonymous

• 2:47 I disagree with most of what you said but I will tell you this IF GWB has to take a fall then ALL of them need to.I garuntee all of them knew republicans and democrats alike.This is what is happening it's this admin playing politics to suit their agenda and to cater to all those who honestly believe their party did not know.It is what it is so if you really want that it shouldn't be one person thrown under the bus but ALL take the fall.
    Anonymous