Strep Throat

I am trying to spread the word. My daughter is 3 years old. I just got back from taking my daughter to the doctor for the second time in two days. The first time we went in due to a 105 degree temp and she tested positive for strep. She was placed on antibiotics. I took her in today because she told me that her private parts hurt. I took a look and she had green vaginal mucus. When I took her in, the doctor examined her and said that she had spread the infection with her hand probably when wiping after using the toilet.

I had never heard of this before, but wanted to let others know it is possible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yikes!
    Anonymous

• Wow! I hope she feels better soon!!!

Have you considered giving her some yogurt to try to prevent a yeast infection from the antibiotics on top of everything else? Just a thought....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• That is not so surprising. Weird and gross but not much of a surprise. Hope she feels better soon!! I do agree with her eating yogurt while on the meds to prevent a yeast infection.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thanks for the ideas. She take supplements every morning, one of them being optiflora the good bacteria for your intestines. I will make sure to have her eat some yogurt to help out as well.
    Have a wonderful day!
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my 4 year old son just got over strep hope your daughter gets better soon
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• WOW,never heard that befor,my son was 7 when he had his tonsils and adnoids taken out due to strep throat all the time but never exp that.Does she still have it and how long?
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2009