What are some creative craft ideas that I can do with my two year old son?

beingamomrocks1

Asked by beingamomrocks1 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Puppets, you can do homemade play dough you can eat. finger painting, make a story together, you can do noodle art, apple paintings. It all depends on how interested he is in doing things and if he is a more mature 2 year old.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Anything with different textures. Painting, chalk. You can add sand to fingerpaints, You can even paint with pudding. Make playdough or goop. Check out www.familyfun.com for tons of art or craft projects.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• familyfun.com is a great site. When my son was 2 and he went on his first camping trip we collected different things from our camp site, covered a dollar store wooden frame with glue and he stuck his finds on it. He loved it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• I work as a preschool teacher and happen to work with 2 year olds. We like to let them do painting and feel different textures. We let them play in shaving cream which they love. We let them paint with all different things like a q-tip or a car. we mix milk and a drop of food coloring and let them paint on a piece of toast. They also like to make butter. Just shake a marble and cream in a jar until firm. then they spread the butter and eat. So many different things to do.
    missangie

Answer by missangie at 9:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• My son loves to make things with popcicle sticks and empty tp rools you would be surprised how much fun you'll have and its cheap
    pltnmp

Answer by pltnmp at 4:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I think sponge stamping would be fun for a little boy. You cut the sponges into cute shapes and let him dip them into washable paints and stamp large pieces of paper with them. I can be used as a learning tool when it dries in the days to come. Have fun!
    MommyCuz

Answer by MommyCuz at 5:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• my son likes to help glue stuff onto paper
    lockleargang8

Answer by lockleargang8 at 4:21 PM on May. 31, 2009