Do you think all couples need counseling before marriage?

airmanswife08

Asked by airmanswife08 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• no unless they are having problems
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Haha, yes! A third party can help you see the things you are blind too.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree with prettyrayray but I also think if the relationship is generally healthy and is being nurtured properly, then no. Doesn't hurt though.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I wish me and my husband would have gone before marriage.Blended family stuff.And it has caused alot of problems.We don't agree.I want to treat them all the same.He wants to treat his daughter better than the rest.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The pastor who married us required six sessions with him to discuss marraige in general. I think it was nice to see how someone else views marriage. He also said that if we (as a couple not individual) ever need to discuss something and need a thrid party view, he's more then happy to cousel us. Which I thought was nice since we are not members of his church. The only awkward part of it was talking to him about sex....just something wrong about talking to a pastor about premarital sex....lol. I don't think it should be required but we honestly both enjoyed it :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yeah counseling isnt for problems only. its good to have all on the table b4 you get married and sometimes things dont come up until its too late then it becomes a problem.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I think that it might help if your need to get over problems in your past. Related to past relationships or the current one.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Counseling isn't just for couples who are in trouble. It's a great tool for a long-lasting relationship. Going through that before marriage would really help a lot of people. It might open your eyes to issues you really don't think you can live with. Or, it might give you the information you need to start the marriage off right and better than ever.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Actually yes.. ALL Couples ( even the rock solid ones) could benefit from some kind of Marriage counseling or a Seminar! Just because someone thinks their relationship is "perfect" doesn't mean a refresher course isn't needed!
    Anonymous

• I think a lot of people wouldn't get married if they went to counseling cuz they'd see a lot of problems they never realized they had....(just from experience)
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 2:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009