Sex after baby?

I gained 50 pounds while I was pregnant, and although I lost 25 already, because alot f the weight was retained water from preeclampsia, I still have 25 to lose, and although I enjoy sex, I feel like I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Any suggestions (other than jut lose the weight) to make me feel more comfortable doing the deed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Well how old is BB? That right there could have something to do with it.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• 5 weeks, will be six weeks this coming tuesday
    Anonymous

• that might explain it.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's probably just your hormones running wild. Don't worry. It'll all come back with time. It's not YOU or anything like that. Just hormones =]
    Good luck and congrats on the new little one =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Maybe your body just isnt ready yet. I gained 80 lbs and my son is two years old and I have only lost 30lbs of it!!! It took me along time to feel comfortable in my own body. But you will get past it. And your SO knows that you just had a baby! And loves you just the same. Even with those few extra lbs!
    Anonymous

• it takes the body a while to heal after having a baby (thus why most OB's say to wait 6 weeks). ..you're probaly tired too with a newborn. . .
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Your not supposed to have sex until your doctor says its ok after your 6 weeks check up anyways! Dont rush it.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Oh God...I gained 65 pounds during pregnancy...lost 25 within a week...I don't think sex was appealing or even good until 6 or 7 months after I had my son....it actually kind of hurt until then. You WILL get back into the swing of things. TRUST ME!! Lol, but it will take a while...just listen to your body and how YOU are feeling. :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• for the record, I had a c-section so my dotor said sex is fine once I stopped bleeding, which I have.
    lilmama31709

Answer by lilmama31709 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2009