Real quick..

Can I make an angel food cake without cream of tartar? I'm pretty sure I CAN'T, because every recipe I find calls for it...but I don't have any so I thought I'd ask you crafty ladies anyways.

aurorabunny

Asked by aurorabunny at 1:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No, but you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar for each 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar. Keep in mind that vinegar may alter the taste of the final product.
    Anonymous

• everything i found also has cream of tarter. have you tried just not using it? whats it for anyways lol... i would try it with out and just see what happens lol... but no, i dont think there's a recipe without it. unless you get the angel food cake mix haah
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If you leave the cream of tartar out your egg white won't stabilize and your cake won't be fluffy.
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 2:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2009