what is the best toy/ or chair etc i can get for my 4 month old son to keep him busy?

he wants to play more and i'm looking for something that will entertain him and be good for his development..30 bucks or under.. suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• exersaucers are fun. they can be pricey but I see a lot of them days at cosignment shops and thrift stores sold a lot cheaper
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• He needs a lot of toys at this age to keep him busy. Does he roll over? If not get floor mats and teething toys. If he is sitting up in a chair you can always buy the try activities. We always let our daughter play in pudding or jello or whipped cream. Anything noisy at this age is good. She has a little piano she loves. Right now he will only be interested for a few minutes at a time. So if he gets bored switch up the toys. you can even make toys for him. Get an old pill bottle and clean it out and put a few pennies in it and glue the lid shut, give him pots and pans to bang on or a spoon or two to play with. Most kids will play with anything and its all good for his development. They also have learning toys for his age you can try.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• VERY true. my son LOVED his. he still does, but hes not allowed to play with it anymore cuz he'll break it lol... hes three. but i too would go with exersaucers or something of the sort. look on craigslist and such and you should find one cheap! (if you dont know, its the same things as a walker basically, but stationary, and the baby can spin around to do different "activities")
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My daughter loves her Jumperoo. It's made by Fisher Price. She has been using it for 5 months now.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-K6070-Rainforest-Jumperoo/dp/B000I2UJ0Q/ref=sr_1_1/183-0947807-4159559?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1240596733&sr=1-1

It has 611 reviews of that site, but hundreds on others also. It's a great invention!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Those exersaucers and jumpers are good but they shouldn't be in them for very long, and at that age especially. Your baby at 4 months needs lots of floor time to role around and push up and learn to crawl... I would get one of those playmats with toys that hang down and different textures and mirrors and things on the floor part of it. They fold up really nicely and easily so they don't have to be out all the time. I think one of these is a great investment.... my first daughter still played on this when she was crawling and even walking.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have a fisher price farm themed jumperoo at out house. My mom bought the baby einstein jumper and i think he likes that one better. You can add more toys to it and there are more options on the height adjustment. the fisher price looks like it has more activities that the baby einstein but half of them dont really do much. We got a play mat but he didn't use it long. Once he could roll over he didn't much to do with it anymore.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 3:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2009