How bad is labor?

gnabamommy

Asked by gnabamommy at 2:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think that it is as bad as it cracked up to be. I did hurt but i was so consered with seeing my baby that the pain what not what i was worried about. As long as you have a good dr then everything will be ok. you are going to be so happy when you hear them cry, it will make you cry.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• dO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO TELL YOU - MY STORY?

sorry caps
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 2:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is not really that bad as long as you do not get back pain labor.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• oh come on be honest 2mothershelpers. LOL
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'm not gonna lie I scearmed and cried like a baby, but it was all worth it when I got to hold my baby boy.
    kcandie

Answer by kcandie at 2:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• not that bad at all. people make it sound WAY worse. but i guess it depends on your pain tolerance too. I had an epidural at nine centimeters and that was only beacuse it was my first baby and i was only 17 so i got scared something would go wrong and i would be dealing with that on top of pain. but if i wasnt so scared i wouldve went without it. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Labor is different for everyone for every baby they have. It could be a long labor, or short. You can push for 5 minutes or push for hours. It can be painful or painless. It depends on if you have drugs or not, and what kinds of drugs. For me, my water broke at 4 in the morning, I was induced a few hours later, and was at 4-5 cm for about 20 hours. Then after 35 hours I was finally 10cm and pushed for 10 minutes. It was painful, yes. I didn't get my epidural until about the 30th hour. Maybe if I hadn't labored for so long and hadn't been so exhausted I may not have needed the epi, but it definitely helped. Pushing was a relief for me. And the best advice I had gotten was when it really burned, he was coming out. When you feel like you can't do it any longer, it's over with and that bundle of joy is there! Good Luck and Congratulations! Don't be nervous about labor, it's the easy part compared to the few weeks.
    Anonymous

• I actually was expecting labor to be much worse, especially since everyone told me that being induced was worse than going into labor naturally. But it wasn't so bad, yes it hurt and when I thought I couldn't handle it and asked for the epidural they told me it was too late. So I pushed LOL. Plus when you push you don't feel the contractions anymore, so in a way it feels good push. Once that baby is out everything stops hurting and you forget about the pain. Unless you get stitches and well that's another story LOL. But some ladies have difficult labors, so it really all depends. But if you aren't too keen on pain then I would recommend the epidural I heard it's amazing. Good Luck.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had a 10.10oz baby and still would take the pain over an epidural(risks of severly long lasting headache-I got it!}Just get a good foot /hand massage all through it!!!, It is not the size so much as the crowning that hurts. I
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009