I need your help

Ok when I went to kiss my two year old on the cheek. I noticed blood like fresh blood by his face cause he was sleeping. I discovered it was from his nose but he never had this before. Please did your kids have this and what did it end up being?

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 2:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be dry sinuses use little noses and a cool mist humidifier. He also could have picked his nose to hard or bumped in his sleep.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My kids did. Dry sinuses every time. Use a nasal spray...ask your MD. But we use one for my grandson too. You could also run a humidifier.
    Anonymous

• It is common for anyone to get bloody noses. Nothing to worry about. If its really drythat will cause it to use a humidifier in his room.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my DD got a bloody nose a couple months ago and i was VERY concerned about it. her ped told me that it is common and nothing to worry about. she said to use a saline nasal solution if it happened again and NOT to try to clog it up with a tissue/cottonball/etc. i know it is scary to see blood anywhere on your child.... and especially alarming if there is no obvious boo-boo.... i hope this info helps you. good luck! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My daughter used to get nose bleeding very easily. Even just from sneezing. We found out that the blood vessels in her nose were very close to the surface and any jaring of them would make them rupture. It is nothing to worry about.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• He could have been digging around, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2009